Monday 1 October 2012

Zim Hip Hop's Superwoman : Trae Yung

Hey y'all. It's a new month (my birthday month to be exact, almost 21...Yaay). But that is not the point of this post, this month we also celebrate Trae Yung's birthday. Okay I see that confused face, that was me about a  month ago, I didn't know who Trae Yung is but trust me I was at a loss that time.

So half the time when we think Hip hop, we think male species but here is the twist, Trae Yung is "flying high" in the male dominated industry which is very impressive. I was almost tempted to label her as a new artist (which would be a lie). She is not new to the music industry, having won the Zim Hip Hop award for best female rapper in 2011, being featured in African FemMCs Volume 1 mixtape and also with her song "I will" that is currently rocking the local charts. There is no doubt that she is going to go far.

So now to the songs that I love from her, first up woud be "Flying high/ Superwoman" which gets me thinking, why settle for ordinary when you can be better than that and this was one of her very first songs. Then comes her biggest hit so far (according to me that is) "I will" if you haven't it on radio then shame for you, and then her latest song "Nziyo" has a really cool beat and Shona lyrics. I promise you that she makes Shona sound divine and ooh it's a love song, just my kinda thing. Did i mention that she has her own intro phrase "It's you girl Trae Yung" which makes her music identifiable(Too cool)

On another level she seems to be an amazing, passion driven person (can't wait to meet her) and she is in the tourism industry which proves that she is willing to excel in more than one area in her life. She definitely headed for the sky.

if you wanna get in on what she has to offer :                   
http://soundcloud.com/user2940177
www.reverbnation.com/traeyung

You can also follow her on Twitter : @traeyung

For more Zim music updates, you can subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter (@TheRoyalTee) or check out my Facebook page (That Zim Diva)

And feel free share links to some cool Zim music with me but for now,Caio!!!





2 comments: