Sunday 14 October 2012

Behind the music : Zim Producers

Hey y'all, so I have noticed that half the time when we talk about music, we often forget the key role players in the making of the music, the producers. They are the people mind the scenes that make the music happen and often they go unnoticed, so yours truly has decided to dedicate one post to the producers per month. In this post, I will feature 3 or 4 producers and basically I will ask them a set of questions and the post will be made up of their responses (such FUN!!)...So let's get started.

This month's candidates are (drumroll please!!!) : Take Fizzo(Take5), Russo, Reverb7 and F.T.R. I have personally listened to the work by these men and they know what they are doing. I asked each one of them the following questions :
1.) What kind of music do you produce?
2.)Name a few artists you have produced for
3.) Scenario question : If a person really sucks as an artist and they want you to produce their music, would you do it???

RUSSO

1.)I produce every type of music.....jazz, r'n'b, hip hop, dancehall, house etc.
2.)I have worked with Nox,Exq,Mcdee,Diana Samkange,Cindy,Sniper,Stunner etc..
3.)Well it depends on what level of no good..pane mumwe anengesingagone(there is someone who might not be good) but I will use my experience kuti zvibude zvichisounder zviri (so that it comes out sounding better) then mumwe wekuti unotoshaya pekutangira (then there is someone who doesn't even know where to start),that one hapana zvandokwanisa kuita naye (that one there is nothing I can do)
 
F.T.R (Futuristic)

1.) I mainly produce Hiphop and R&B. I have also ventured into Dancehall,Dance, House and other mainstream genre's to cater for the various artists I work with.
I am inspired by real life and all the emotions we encounter daily. I channel these into my craft.
2.) I've produced for MC Chita, Synik, Karizma, Cindy Munyavi, Tia and Davina Green, to name a few.
3.) I would not intially produce for an artist whose no good but I would advise them on how they can improve or better their craft e.g. vocal training. Once they're in a better standing, am willing to re-evaluate my position.
My productions can be found on:
www.reverbnation.com/blowhardrecords OR
www.reverbnation.com/ftr
Contact: ftristic22@yahoo.com

REVERB7
1. I produce hip hop and a little bit of rnb. But I'm currently focusing on house music. I get inspiration from all over the place. But, DJ Kent's album, "I Cant Survive" first inspired me to make house music. Now i appreciate every sub-genre of house.
2. I have worked with Simba Tagz, O-25, That Dutch, G.O.R.E, Courtney Rusike, Fungai Nengare, Vimbai Mutinhiri, MC Chita, Davina Green, Synik, Tehn Diamond and a few other artists.
3. I would tell you that it isn't for you, but I would still produce and try my best to help you improve as an artist, it is not my place to kill dreams, but i will be honest.

Reverb7 is also an artist and recently released a song called Honai (recently did a post on it)


TAKE FIZZO
1.I produce mainly hip hop, r'n'b and dancehall, although I'm experimenting with Afro trying to come up with a distinct internationally viable Zimbabwean sound.
2. Mainly all the successful Urban Grooves artists, Tehn diamond, Jnr brown, Jah seed from Bongo maffin, and many more
3.No! I'm a perfectionist, and a professional, I won't do it.

One of Take Fizzo's latest production is a song by Jnr Brown called Madrinks, the song is insane. (link below)
-->http://soundcloud.com/jnr-brown/madrinks-jnr-brown-prod-by?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/jnr-brown/madrinks-jnr-brown-prod-by

I guess that marks the end of the first post of our Zim producers, so next time you listen to a song, do appreciate the producer as while because they are the reason Zim music is thriving. And ooh these guys are easy to find (hint hint...) Facebook is always the best place to look for people.
 Now the question is : who is my favourite of the 4producers above?? .....Take a guess........

Do give me some feedback Y_zia??
Either by commenting on this post or catch me on twitter @TheRoyalTee


***Side-Thing : On an unrelated note, I am running for Miss October 2012 Face of Zimbabwe and please do vote for your girl ---> http://www.faceofzimbabwe.com/contestant_details.php?cnt_id=3513 ***

Thank you for reading the post, hope it was useful. Tobatana palater!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment