Friday 14 September 2012

Rapping that Shoko at the SHOKO FESTIVAL!!!

Hey guys, so I thought I would share with you one of the biggest eventscoming soon in Zim (too bad I can't attend in person but I will be there in spirit), this is the Shoko Festival that will be from 18- 23 September 2012 (best mark it on your calender). So who would like to take a wild guess on what the festival is about, any takers??? Maybe this might help.

"...Boy rapping the shoko. You don’t
feel my vibe, you gon feel my smoke
yo. Feel my vocal, along this local
instrumental.."

Anoti by M.I. (One of the hottest rappers in Nigeria)

So as expected "Shoko" means "word " in most languages. So it's basically a Festival of Words and the beautiful thing is that it doesn't just focus on Zimbabwe but it focuses on diversity and cultural enlighten. It also brings into persepective the different forms of art that come in the form of words which include but are not limited to : poetry, films, live concerts and recordingsand artist debates. What better inspiration would you need?? and the thing about words is that they give a greater meaning to life as you all know that words can make or break a person and also that words are powerful.

So now i am hoping you interested in who is going to be performing, we have the likes of Synik, Tehn Diamond, Carl Joshua Ncube, Mandisa (South Africa), Natty (UK) to just mention a few

For the full line-up of artists visit  :  http://shokofestival.com/lineup/ and also the unique thing about Shoko is that it happens in different venues (for your convenience).
Hope this article has been of use to you.

Do share your views and opinions by commenting on this post, mentioning me in your tweet (@TheRoyalTee) or post on my facebook page, www.facebook.com/ThatZimDiva
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment